Thursday, July 31, 2008

San Diego Comic Con 2008 Condensed into 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds.

I rolled into San Diego with a posse this year. Among them was indie-rock maestro Chris Mills. I had a spur of the moment decision last Tuesday to purchase a little flash based video camera, and capture what I could of the convention, and make a music video for Mills.

This is the end result.



It's for the song "Atom Smashers" off Mills's latest album, "Living In The Aftermath", which is available on iTunes. I highly recommend it.

Please feel free to pass this around.

As for my trip, it was hectic and crazy. No major purchases, except for the Kid Robot limited edition Paul Pope toy. No original art this year, as nothing really struck my fancy. That, and Mark Beazley had me looking at things way out of my price range, and complaining about how they don't reproduce well in his "Essentials".

The big purchases this year was t-shirts. I bought half a dozen shirts, my favorite being the Gama-Go exclusive on a giant squid attacking Comic-Con.

Highlight of the con: meeting Al Jafee. That, and seeing Scot Ian of Anthrax talk to the drummer from Fall Out Boy (A buddy of mine was hanging out with Fall Out Drummer for two hours and had no idea who he was until I told him. He then felt old, and I felt retarded).

I planned on doing many things on Sunday, but they were all put on hold after the fiasco of my flight being cancelled, and rebooking everything for one more day. We went to the zoo and rode the SkyFari 3 times. Woo.

'Til next time, San Diego. 'Til next time.

-Steve!