Monday, April 06, 2009

The New Apartment, Part 2.

IMG_5109

It's started.

IMG_5098

As you look down the hallway, you can see the floor is stripped to it's original hard wood floor. It's a bit of a mess, but the floors of the entire apartment are going to be redone.

IMG_5099

The current state of the kitchen. Currently, the refrigerator is hanging out in the dining room.

IMG_5111

The wall is gone!

IMG_5102

It really opens up the room. I decided that I want to keep the molding running around the walls of the room.

IMG_5103

The view from the other side of the room. I also think I am going to go with two ceiling fans in these two rooms, since they do need new lighting fixtures.

IMG_5110

The closets are gone. Yay.

IMG_5106

In the other rooms, the doorway between the two rooms has been opened up.

Yes, I do realize I just turned this six room apartment into basically two rooms. If I ever need more rooms, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Tomorrow, the work continues...