Monday, July 02, 2007

Blurry Photos of My Apartment.

My roommates, Armando and John, and I took a trip out to Ikea this Saturday (and by took a trip out to Ikea, I mean made my little sister drive us there), where we purchased some frames and a display case. Now that we have this stuff, we finally feel like our apartment is decorated (Well, there is still a wall that John needs to pick out decoration for, but he has an Elvis poster all picked out). So, I decided to whip out my camera and get some photos taken. I'm not the happiest with the photos, but they'll do for now.

IMG_5632.JPG

I stole that sign from a door at MSG after the Justin Timberlake concert.

So what awaits you inside?

IMG_5633.JPG

Come on in!

IMG_5638.JPG

When you first come in, you see my autographed photo of Mr. T, and my original page from Bryan Lee O'Malley's "Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life".

IMG_5635.JPG

As you come in, you make a left, and you enter our dining/living room are, with the kitchen to the right, and Armando's room behind the couch.

IMG_5637.JPG

This is our dining are. On the table is our makeshift centerpiece consisting of coloring books, crayons, a children's book, and and empty wine bottle. Y'know, the normal kindergarten stuff.

The three movie posters were chosen by us individually, with Armando going with "Coming to America", John with "Temple of Doom", and my choice, "Ferris Bueller". The New Frontier poster is a $7 DC Direct poster. In a nice frame, it looks as good as a $200 print.

IMG_5640.JPG

My DVD collection. My roommates were nice enough to let me keep them out in the living room.

IMG_5641.JPG

Atop the DVD shelves are vinyl figures of The Kaufman Brothers from "Adaptation," and my favorite kid's book, "There's A Monster At The End Of This Book."

Spoiler: It's Grover.

IMG_5643.JPG

Next to the DVD case is the entertainment center, with the new display case next to it. On top of the TV is a photo of New York Yankees legend, Don Mattingly.

IMG_5644.JPG

Underneath the TV are some of my favorite comic book collections, John's novels, Armando's DVDs, a PS2, and XBox, and a karaoke machine.

Yes, we have private karaoke parties. It's just me, Armando, and whoever walks past our apartment.

IMG_5647.JPG

The new display case is sweet. Everything looks great in the there. I bought a light fixture for it that still needs to be installed. But once I do, it'll just be better.

IMG_5653.JPG

Above the couch is a print of The Goonies done by animation artist Steve Silver that I got last year at the San Diego Comic-Con. On the couch are stuffed animal versions of Transformers.

IMG_5655.JPG

Yes, stuffed animal Transformers.

IMG_5659.JPG

Our fridge. It's where the food lives.

IMG_5656.JPG

Across from the fridge, Armando decided to hang up two of his favorite albums.

IMG_5658.JPG

Lionel Richie's self-titled masterpiece, and the soundtrack to the Menudo movie.

Yes, there was a Menudo movie. I had no idea either.

IMG_5660.JPG

Down the hall is my room, on the left, and John's room on the right.

IMG_5661.JPG

On the left hand side of the wall, I put up some of my favorite comic pages. First off is a hi-rez print of "All-Star Superman" #1. Since it's in a place where the door could hit it, I had to put up a page that wasn't framed. The door to the bathroom is next to that.

IMG_5700.JPG

Inside the bathroom, John hung up his originally Loki sketch by Paolo Rivera.

Loki judges you while you pee.

IMG_5662.JPG

On the other side of the bathroom door is my new "Bill & Ted" page by Evan Dorkin. Next to that is the circuit breakers, which I've decorated with new books I picked up from Todd Webb at MoCCA last week. They're little match book style books that have magnets on the back. They are filled with excerpts from his cartoon journal. Really awesome little books.

IMG_5667.JPG

There's a page from the graphic novel adaptations of "The Baby-Sitter's Club" from my friend Raina Telgemeier. She said she thinks I got the best page, and I think I agree.

IMG_5663.JPG

Next to that is a page I got from "Local" #2 by Ryan Kelly. I saw this page at MoCCA last year and passed. Luckily he still had it this year.

IMG_5669.JPG

At the end of the hall, on the slice of wall in between my room and John's room is where I hung up my original David Mazzuchelli Batman head sketch. It might just be my favorite piece that I own.

More photos can be found at my Flickr gallery, including photos of my room, which I will write about next time.

-Steve!