Sunday, November 28, 2004

Netflix 19: Roger Dodger



Well, that was a disappointment.

I was looking forward to this, but I really wanted to watch the other movie I got from Netflix, "Igby Goes Down". Alas, when I removed Igby from the packaging, I noticed the damn thing was nearly split in half, so I have to return that one unwatched, and instead, I watched "Roger Dodger".

"Roger Dodger" is one of those dialogue heavy films about whiny yuppies. After the first 15 minutes, I found it to just grate on me. I get where it was going, and the point, it just wasn't fun getting there. The cinematography was horrendous. At times, there would be really nice shot that would be ruined by an awful camera move. I hope the director of photography was blind, because that would be the only excuse.

And Campbell Scott is just a second rate Steven Webber.

-Steve!