Thursday, February 17, 2005

Chasing Subway



Y'know, I was born and raised in this city, and there are still locations that are new to me.

I was out early today running an errand for work. I had to drop some tapes off at the studio in Tribeca before a shoot. It was early and I was a little out of it. I dropped off the tapes, swiped a bagel from the craft services table, and was on my way back to the office when I took notice of the subway station I was getting in.



Kevin Smith shot a quick shot here for the montage sequence of "Chasing Amy". For some reason, this shot has always stood out to me (maybe it's because Joey Lauren Adams is wearing an awesome Justice League jacket that the Warner Bros. Studio Store used to sell). I was always curious where this station was, because I couldn't figure it out when I saw the movie.

It's the Franklin St. stop on the 1 or 9 uptown.

-Steve!