Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The New Apartment, Part 6.

IMG_5393

Work continues, slowly. While waiting for all the paperwork for the new heating system to be filed, some other work is getting done. The sink- MISSING! I found out today that the last time this bathroom was redone was when my Great-Grandparents bought the house, in 1935. I would have like to have been able to keep the sink, but it wasn't possible.

IMG_5396

The new sink currently sits in the kitchen, waiting for the plumber to install it tomorrow. I didn't have much of a choice, it was the only one that size that Home Depot had. Luckily, it wasn't that expensive, so I don't feel bad in case I ever redo the entire bathroom.

Also, I learned that Home Depot is fucking hell. While I was there, I went to look at the lighting fixtures. I thought I found some I sort of liked. But it wasn't going to work. Now, I got to take a trip down to the lighting district on the Bowery to find ones I like.

IMG_5399

New windows! They installed new windows on all six windows in the apartment.

Also, I learned something new, and strange about the apartment.

IMG_5089

See that thing that ran across the windows? I had them remove it because I didn't really like it.

IMG_5397

See the new windows? Now, see how completely uneven the two windows are? So strange. I guess it's just a quirk of living in an old house.

Work continues tomorrow, as the sink in the bathroom will be installed, and the new air conditioned will be installed in the bedroom. Also, I've decided on the colors for the living/dining room area. I'm going for lightish green, with dark brown on the molding running across the floors and the top of the wall. Above that will be the white ceiling. I'm still looking for paint ideas for the rest of the house, especially the kitchen.