Sunday, June 21, 2009

The New Apartment, Part 17.

So, I'm officially 100% in my new apartment. I have a TV, cable, a mattress, and a bed that will be delivered next Monday. With that all behind me, it's time to decorate.

IMG_5548

I've moved these metal cabinets that my Great Grandmother had into the kitchen.

IMG_5550

I've also hung up my old Masters of the Universe poster, and as always, Milk & Cheese live on top of the fridge. The yellow cat clock used to belong to Great Grandmother. When she passed away, it was all I wanted. Now that I moved into her apartment, I've moved it back into it's original place.

IMG_5551

I've started hanging up some of my art from my old place. Above the couch is an original one-sheet from "The Apartment". The Stephen Silver "Goonies" print is once again above my bookcase, and a signed print from "The Simpsons Movie" is above my dresser. I've decided to clean up the dresser for the time being, not sure what to do with all of the old stuff, but once I'm settled, I'm sure I'll find something.

IMG_5552

Signed posters from the first two MoCCA Art Festivals are hanging next to the windows. I have another piece currently at the framers waiting to be hung between the two windows. I have already bought curtains that still need to be hung up, and I need to buy a small tablecloth.

IMG_5553

My autographed "The Incredibles" poster is next to my TV..

IMG_5554

...and my original David Mazzuchelli Batman sketch is on the door. I also decided to use that random piece of furniture to hold up my DVD player, cable box, modem, and router. Currently, the stereo and cable wires are laying on the floor, but I have a fix for that in mind.

IMG_5555

With my clothes now moved into my apartment, I moved my books out of my closet, and they currently sit in their eventual home. I'm planning on buying a bunch of new bookcases and building a library, but I think that's a problem for August, once all my other bills are paid, and I re-evaluate my budget.

IMG_5557

Here's my currently sleeping situation. I'm using borrowed sheets on my new mattress until my bed arrives next Monday.

IMG_5558

And here was my big project for the day. I purchased sleeves for my long boxes, and spent the day building that. And then I topped the whole thing off with my old "New Frontier" poster. Four of those longboxes are filled with comics waiting to be filed. That's a project for another weekend. On the bookcase are a bunch of other things waiting to be hung up and filed, and across from the longboxes is another bookcase waiting for my DVD collection.