Saturday, May 16, 2009

The New Apartment, Part 9.

IMG_5440

Hey, it's been over a week! Let's see where we are. The electrical work is all done, and all of the wires are now brand new and hidden inside the wall. Yay.

IMG_5432

The painter started preparing the walls today. He's starting in the back rooms, tearing down wallpaper I never even knew existed, and applying the first layer of whatever that stuff he's using to fix the walls with.

IMG_5433

It's a week long process, but the big news is that he needs to know what colors I want to paint the place by THURSDAY. Ah! I still have no idea.

IMG_5444

I had to move my comic books to the hallway, as the painter plans to deal with that room this week. The good news is that I can probably leave them here until that room is finished.

IMG_5445

Here is what the room looks like now.

IMG_5438

Also, he tore the down the wallpaper in the kitchen...

IMG_5437

...and earlier this week, they regrouted the tile work in the kitchen and bathroom. Also, there was a hole in the wall that used to be attached to the stove has been filled and tiled over. It really is looking great.

IMG_5434

So that's where I stand. Still waiting on the heat situation to be dealt with, but we're making headway.