Sunday, November 06, 2005

Steve + Applebees 4EVA?



Dear Applebee's,

Listen I know you'll hate reading this letter as much as I hate writing it, but we need to talk. Five years ago, when you first entered my life, I thought I had finally found my soulmate. A delicious appetizer sampler, great entrees, and unlimited refills? I thought it was a match made in heaven. Throughout the last five years, things have come and went. We stood by and watched as the 42nd St Food Court disappeared, as well as the Chili's, but our love stood the test of time.

But then things' started to change. You changed your appetizer sampler, and it was obvious you weren't trying to impress me anymore. You stopped taking care of yourself, handing me my dinner on dirty plates, and half full portions. It was obvious the magic was gone.

I tried to make it work. I thought after you delivered the boneless buffalo wings, that we could stick with it. But that's not enough. You can't build a relationship on boneless buffalo wings alone. We need more than that. But I feel that I'm the only one in this relationship that's giving, you just take and take.

So I'm sorry, it's over.

Let's not focus on the bad times at the end, let's remember the good times. Like after we celebrated the first time I saw "Dude, Where's My Car?", or when we took advantage of the peaceful protester discount when the Republican convention was in town.

We had a good run there, didn't we?

-Steve!