Saturday, August 11, 2007

Beasties Come Home.

beastie tix

On August 9, 2007, The Beastie Boys played their first show ever in Brooklyn. And they did it in an abandoned pool in my hometown.

IMG_0104.JPG

I took an assload of photos, all of them are up on my Flickr account here.

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

Of course, they closed the whole show with "No Sleep Til Brooklyn". I filled up the rest of my camera's memory card to capture this.



IMG_0174.JPG

While the show was fantastic, the crowd was pretty meh. Between some jackasses fighting in the very forced mosh pit, to lackluster singalong (especially during "Paul Revere"), I was afraid this was going to ruin the show. But it all seemed to turn around when they stopped the show to show their love for DJ Run, as they brought the rap legend to the stage, the energy seemed to skyrocket.

In the end, it turned out to be one of the best shows I have ever seen. And the fact that it was held in the abandoned pool I once snuck into when I was 12 just made it more awesome.

-Steve!